Penton CMS Publishing Platform
Project: PISCES CMS Publishing Platform
Role: Director of Engineering
Led a team of software developers and interactive producers who build web-based B2B news, information and data services for Penton, servicing 8 million unique visitors per month. Participated in the transformation of Penton from a print publishing company to one in which digital services and tradeshow events are the primary revenue generators. Accomplishments include:
- Managed a team that builds and maintains a Drupal-based web platform that powers 72 of Penton’s web properties.
- Built teams of developers, product managers, and UX designers to create new digital products and enhance existing properties.
- Managed the development of new mobile apps, powered by the web platform, using a RESTful services architecture.
- Migrated long-held magazine properties from print to digital-only publications.
- Integrated data, premium-content services, and e-commerce services into all of Penton’s digital properties.